At The White T-shirt Co we obsess about where and how our organic t-shirts are made. This is why we don’t skimp on quality and are determined to find the perfect fit. We're not about trend or even fashion. We're about well sourced, well made simple classics.
All out organic t-shirts are GOTS certified & come with our own Ethical Promise of guaranteed quality. So here are a few little technical secrets that help make your organic cotton t-shirt different.
- We use a special spinning technique for our organic cotton that aligns and compacts the fibres to give long, smooth filaments. This provides a fabulously smooth finish and durability so that we can guarantee no piling or shrinkage.
- All our neck bands are bias cut from the same cotton as our t-shirts. This provides a beautifully neat finish and helps shape retention wash after wash.
- This detailing is carried through with double stitching on all sleeves and hems.
- All our labels are made from soft organic cotton for additional comfort.
- Our shoulder & arm seams are stitched inwards to ensure neat flat seams.
Watch our video to see the detail & care behind your t-shirt on our production page.
We want you to know the craftsmanship behind your t-shirt but we also want you to know where your t-shirt comes from. You need to know that your pleasure in wearing is not tempered by environmental or human misery further down the supply chain.
You may be aware that Fashion Revolution Day on the 24th April is the anniversary of the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh. This is an important date to remind ourselves why we need to know exactly where and how are clothes have been made.
“Be curious. Find out who made your clothes — from who spun the threads, to who sewed them together, to who grew the cotton in the first place. Your clothes already tell a story about who you are. Now they can tell a better one.”